Upcoming Opportunities at Hess Auctioneers:
Hess Auctioneers, LLC is a growing regional Truck, Trailer and Equipment Auction Company. Established in 2007, we offer (6) Auctions per year at our 25 acre facility in Marietta, PA. Our consigners are Fleets, Dealers, Contactors, Finance Companies and Individuals. Our buyers are contractors, fleets and dealers from across the US and abroad.
We Are Growing and Now Hiring!
Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Time/Admin Office Assistant:
The Office Assistant demonstrates professionalism, politeness, and friendliness to our clients by ensuring that their needs are met. It is important to be detail-oriented in all office work, communication, data entry, etc.
JOB TASKS/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Complete the data entry and office tasks in accordance with company guidelines.
- Provide accurate, friendly quality service to customers when processing customer transactions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, etc
- Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages.
- Compile, copy, sort, and file documents of consignments
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, voice mail systems and personal computers.
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, and database systems, either manually or using a computer.
- Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
- Compile information needed for various reports and assist in coordinating project-oriented duties.
- Stock in/check in consignments.
- Provide prompt and courteous service at all times.
Part Time/Full Time Yard Helper/Driver:
We are always on the lookout for reliable candidates for our Auction Yard Helper and Equipment Operator – CDL A Driver positions, in Material Handling. If you are interested in working for Hess Auctioneers, LLC as a Class A CDL Driver where you can use your current skills, learn new skills while working with a great team than we have a spot for you.
The Yard Helper/Equipment Operator is responsible for operating a yard tractor to ensure smooth and safe flow of products as consignments come onto the Yard and then are moved off the Yard following an Auction.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Proven ability to operate and drive a yard tractor and forklift
- CDL A valid driver’s license required
- Certified equipment operator a plus; travel lift and/or tow motor
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- Consistent/stable work history
- Ability to read and communicate in English
- Ability to lift 50 lbs consistently
- Ability to endure extreme weather conditions
- Assist with Yard Manager and responsible for proper and safe handling of consigned items.
- Load and unload consigned pieces of various types of trucks, trailers and equipment around the Yard
- Stock product pieces in yard correctly and verify consignor and buyer information
- Use of hand signals to escort equipment operators for setting, lifting or maneuvering consigned pieces during loading/unloading process
- Perform inspection of necessary equipment
- Perform on-going minor PM work on equipment
Auction Yard Helpers participate as team members in a high volume, consignment auction environment. Duties include recording inventory, determining space requirements and position of consigned items, manually loading items onto trucks, and operating forklift to move materials.
Based in Marietta, PA